So know that you are considering cosmetology school to plan for a bright future, you need to plan a tour. A tour of a beauty college is the best way to confirm your decision to become a cosmetologist.
The following are a few tips to help you make the most out of your upcoming beauty college tour.
1. Make an appointment. Like any school, cosmetology schools are busy and would like you to secure an appointment so that you can have a great tour with the opportunity to ask questions about what you see.
2. If your desired cosmetology school is out of state or a long drive from where you live, consider taking a tour at a school closer to you, even if you are not planning to apply or attend classes at this school; touring any licensed cosmetology school may help confirm or deny your decision to attend this type of school. If the tour goes swimmingly at your local school, definitely make an appointment to tour the grounds at your dream school.
3. While on the tour, pay attention to the students you see, and not just the ones the tour has pre-selected for you to talk to that day. Do the students in the quad seem particularly morose (and it is not finals week)? Do the first-year students in the cafeteria or lounge seem happy to be at school today? If possible, ask these students questions about the culture at the school.
4. Pay attention to the physical conditions of the school. Do they appear dirty and unhygienic? Are the bathrooms all properly stocked with the requisite paper items? Taste the water from the drinking fountains to ensure purity; this is the water that you will be drinking every day, after all!
5. Ask questions! Your tour guide has a pre-orchestrated spiel to give you about the school. Do not be afraid to steer him or her off-script with appropriate questions and concerns.
Follow these tips, pay attention to your tour guide and your surroundings, and have fun. You are sure to have a helpful and education tour.